Re: [Geopriv] Some thoughts on non-identity based authorization

From: Jonathan Rosenberg ^lt;jdrosen@dynamicsoft.com>
Date: Fri Jul 23 2004 - 13:44:46 EDT

Tschofenig Hannes wrote:

> hi jonathan,
>
> i agree with you that we shouldn't put support for saml assertions (roles,
> artifact) in the common document.
>
> however, i think that something like a passcode can be added without any
> problems. such an extensions seems to be simple and sufficient some some
> applications.

What would the passcode mean? Would it relate to doing digest
authentication? Does it tie to a specific authentication approach? There
will be security requirements for transporting passwords inside of these
documents, and those issues would need to be carefully thought through.

I really do not think we should add anything more at this time.

-Jonathan R.

--
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                600 Lanidex Plaza
Chief Technology Officer                    Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711