Re: [Geopriv] Agenda for GEOPRIV at IETF 60

From: Andrew Newton ^lt;andy@hxr.us>
Date: Mon Jul 26 2004 - 13:39:31 EDT

On Jul 26, 2004, at 1:07 PM, James M. Polk wrote:
> What happened to the civil and pres-arch talks that were in the last
> agenda email?

Hmmm... after discussion between the chairs and the authors, it seemed
that there were no longer any open issues and we were planning on
taking these to wglc.

> I'd like to hear about both, as there are unresolved open issues (that
> have been raised by me) with at least one of them

Sorry for missing it. Which one? And can you point out your message
with the open issue so that I and the authors can be reminded of it?

> Why is the GLI ID given 30 minutes time when it has had zero messages
> to the list since first being posted (on 2/16/04)? Doesn't this fall
> under the general rule of giving time to group interested topics -
> meaning there should be interest generated on the list before open
> issue presentation, of which I do not see yet

Because the authors have specifically stated that they are seeking for
the working group to take on certain task. I'll let them explain it,
but I felt this was something the working group had to make a decision
about. I admit and have told the authors that I did not feel their
last presentation made it clear that the GEOPRIV working group was
being asked to take on an additional task.

> I would like to have the "Any Other Business" discussion without the
> worry of running out of time, so may I suggest we either ensure there
> is sufficient time for that discussion, or move it before the GLI ID
> discussion (which can then take as much time as the slot has left).

We can ratchet back the last two presentations by 5 min each giving AOB
10 minutes. Is that good? Do you actually have anything you want on
the agenda.

-andy