v2 of pidf-lo (was Re: [Geopriv] Working Group Last Call for draft-ietf-geopriv-pres -01)

From: Andrew Newton ^lt;andy@hxr.us>
Date: Wed Aug 11 2004 - 16:54:18 EDT

On Jul 28, 2004, at 7:59 AM, Abbott, Nadine B. wrote:
> Do I understand correctly that there may/will be a second phase of work
> to possibly include additional components in a future version of the
> PIDF-LO?

Nadine,

The first version of PIDF-LO has not yet been ratified by the IESG to
become an RFC, but it is well underway. However, that does not mean
there cannot be a second version, but as far as I know nobody has
started talking about v2. Given PIDF-LO's proper use of XML
namespaces, there should not be an issue with updating PIDF-LO when the
time comes.

-andy