AW: [Geopriv] Question on use of "Speed" in Location Object (PIDF-LO)

From: Tschofenig, Hannes ^lt;hannes.tschofenig@siemens.com>
Date: Wed Aug 02 2006 - 04:31:45 EDT

Hi Vihal,

RFC 4119 says:

"
 For the purposes of
   baseline interoperability as defined by this document, only support
   for the 'feature.xsd' GML schema is REQUIRED.
"

dynamicFeature.xsd includes a speed element but is not included by feature.xsd. Supporting dynamicFeature.xsd would cause a number of other schemas to be imported. Hence, increased complexity.

Recently, we tried to get the simplify the feature.xsd functionality by profiling it. See
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-thomson-geopriv-geo-shape-02.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-geopriv-pdif-lo-profile-04.txt

The measures.xsd, which is imported by feature.xsd (via geometryBasic0d1d.xsd and geometryBasic2d.xsd), seems to be more promising when we want to avoid adding complexity. I have't looked at it in more detail though. I will, however, do that.

I wonder whether we need to capture the usage of speed in draft-ietf-geopriv-pdif-lo-profile-04.txt.

Ciao
Hannes