Re: [Sip] Re: [Geopriv] rethinking data:

From: Jeroen van Bemmel ^lt;jbemmel@zonnet.nl>
Date: Fri Aug 25 2006 - 20:43:53 EDT

Andy,

A data: URI enables the following use case: location-by-value inserted by a
proxy.
Especially for emergency cases, location-by-value is good to have: less
delay (no additional de-reference) and less ways in which things can fail.
Although I'm not particularly keen on the syntax defined for data: URIs, I
think the use case and benefits it enables are worthwhile

Regards,

Jeroen