Re: [Geopriv] Geopriv L7 LCP: New Requirement

From: Andrew Newton ^lt;andy@hxr.us>
Date: Wed Feb 14 2007 - 21:54:37 EST

On Feb 14, 2007, at 3:42 PM, g.caron@bell.ca wrote:
> 0) VEP discovers the targeted LIS based on IP address and finds the
> ISP LIS
> 1) VEP sends a request for location to ISP LIS with IP Address over
> L7-LAP
> 2) ISP LIS recognizes the IP address as being in its realm and
> performs DB lookup to find L2TP info + ASP LIS URL (in this use case)
> 3) ISP LIS sends a request for location to ASP LIS with L2TP info
> over L7-LAP
> 4) ASP LIS recognizes L2TP info + ISP LIS credentials and performs
> DB lookup to find LO
> 5) ASP LIS responds to ISP LIS with LO over L7-LAP which forwards
> to VEP over L7-LAP

Well, I don't know what a VEP is, but this sounds right. In steps 1
and 3, the "sends request" is a subscription of a PIDF-LO using SIP.
That's already possible with the RFCs and drafts that are well
underway. See my reply to Otmar. This has nothing to do with "L7-
LAP". And please, stick to the agreed upon initials. LAP vs. LCP is
just splitting semantic hairs.

> If the above represents what you envision as well, and your
> position remains unchanged on this specific use case of LS-LS being
> already addressed by geopriv, therefore making it a requirement for
> all L2-LCPs and L7-LAPs to support it, then it may not be of value
> indeed.

I just read that sentence 3 times, and I'm still unsure of the reason
for which you are asking my confirmation or denial.

> I would appreciate if you could confirm that is the case.

-andy