From: Richard Barnes ^lt;rbarnes@bbn.com>
Date: Tue May 01 2007 - 21:27:44 EDT

> To pursue this one a bit: Let's assume we have this flag. Would the
> definition be "no location-based lookup" at all or only under some
> circumstances, e.g., based on where the server is located?

Once you start expanding the scope, though, where do you draw the line?
  Can it be used to query a location-based rate computation system? Can
it be used to deliver location-targeted ads? Is the telco authorized to
do whatever it wants?

If you want to go that route, maybe we could define an
"allowed-services" element that the user could use to express that the
enclosed LI/LO could be used with particular protocols. LoST would be
the first example, RADIUS might be another, I'm sure more would come up.
  This could be a nice compliment to the identity-based rules in RFC 4745.

> Can we build a new MIME attachment called 'application/lawyer' while
> we're at it, so that we can include an attorney with the call attempt?

I hear that Verizon has claimed IPR on that. :)

--Richard