RE: [Geopriv] Location in SIP and "retransmission-allowed"

From: Moore, Lyn E ^lt;Lyn.Moore@team.telstra.com>
Date: Tue May 01 2007 - 21:54:03 EDT

I would not think the aim of this work is to replace location-based
services with a protocol.

Telcos etc provide LBS but, at least in Australia, the user needs to
agree to be positioned. There are industry guidelines, the Privacy Act
and a Telecommunication Act to protect the rights of the users of LBS.
These are strictly adhered to by the LBS providers.

I realise that this group is here to protect geoprivacy, but to be
realistic this step is going too far. I sugest that GeoPriv keep to
your scope, and leave the LBS providers to differentiate and implement a
range of services any way they see fit within the letter of the law of
the country of origin. A protocol will not save souls from dubious
service providers - they just won't implement it.

Lyn