RE: [Geopriv] Location in SIP and "retransmission-allowed"

From: Brian Rosen ^lt;br@brianrosen.net>
Date: Fri May 04 2007 - 11:58:07 EDT

Are you being dense on purpose, or have I missed something?

A SIP UA sends its location to a proxy server, which takes the LI out and
sends it to LoST. What the proxy is sending is the LI of a device. To me,
that is exactly what the current 4119 language says you can't do if
retransmission-allowed=no.

I'm NOT really arguing one way or another about whether this should be
allowed or not. I'm trying to figure out if you want a normative change to
4119. I keep reading your messages as being "NO, I don't think we need to
normatively change 4119". I'm trying to figure out how you do that.

4119 says you can't send LI of a device. A SIP proxy sending a UA's
location to a LoST server is sending LI of a device. Where am I going wrong
here?

Brian