RE: [Geopriv] Location in SIP and "retransmission-allowed"

From: Marc Linsner ^lt;mlinsner@cisco.com>
Date: Fri May 04 2007 - 12:22:55 EDT

Brian,

> Are you being dense on purpose, or have I missed something?

I'll admit, dense is a normal state.

> A SIP UA sends its location to a proxy server, which takes
> the LI out and sends it to LoST.

What makes the LO 'its location'.

  What the proxy is sending
> is the LI of a device.

Not if you remove the pieces that makes the LO 'its location'.

 To me, that is exactly what the
> current 4119 language says you can't do if retransmission-allowed=no.

Agree if the proxy server were to include device/entity identifiers in the
transmission to LoST.

> I'm NOT really arguing one way or another about whether this
> should be allowed or not. I'm trying to figure out if you
> want a normative change to 4119. I keep reading your
> messages as being "NO, I don't think we need to normatively
> change 4119". I'm trying to figure out how you do that.

Obviously some are trying to explain common sense and others are trying to
lawyer 4119.

Which brings me back to my original question for the lawyer:

What makes a LO a PIDF-LO?

or

Why is a LoST query/response not covered by 4119?

-Marc-