RE: [Geopriv] Location in SIP and "retransmission-allowed"

From: Marc Linsner ^lt;mlinsner@cisco.com>
Date: Fri May 04 2007 - 13:58:12 EDT

> I consulted with corporate counsel, and he observed that RFC
> 4119 says that if retransmission-allowed=no, then that
> indicates that the user doesn't want the recipient to
> retransmit either the LO (with
> identifiers) or the LI (without). This seems to me very
> explicit, very common-sense.
>
> So Marc/Henning: Either
> 1) What about this situation allows retransmission for LoST? Or,
> 2) What modification do you propose?

I guess I disagree with 'corporate counsel'.

You've yet to answer my question, when is a LO not equal to a PIDF-LO such
that it doesn't fall under GeoPriv requirements? Or are you stating that
for the purposes of IETF protocols, all location descriptions fall under
GeoPriv requirements regardless if device/entity are identified?

So a location validation within the current LoST would return nothing or
error? How is the planned access provider LIS going to validate locations
prior to passing them onto the broadband subscriber? Contact the broadband
customer and get permission to validate 'their' location?

-Marc-