From: Henning Schulzrinne ^lt;hgs@cs.columbia.edu>
Date: Thu May 10 2007 - 10:49:21 EDT

I've said this before and I'll shut up after this since we have long
exceeded the point of diminishing returns, but I don't see where the
goals of privacy or the text of the document support your assertion.

I agree that by giving location to a URI, you authorize the URI to
perform a service. Thus, if you give your location to
urn:service:sos, you authorize that service. From a privacy
perspective, the protocols involved do not matter as long as the same
'party' is addressed, to quote 4119. After all, I assume you wouldn't
argue that a transition between UDP and TCP, or IPv4 and IPv6 in mid-
transit would make a difference; both are likely to occur in a SIP
call. (Indeed, you could even have, in the 911 I2 model, a transition
to delivery of location with a completely different protocol. Would
this require an override?)

Henning