Re: [Geopriv] RE: Help Please: Question on IETF process

From: Allison Mankin ^lt;mankin@psg.com>
Date: Tue Aug 07 2007 - 16:18:15 EDT

Carl,

I took a look at the current ADs' portfolios, and it looks like
Lisa Dusseault has taken the most recent URN NID document.

The process is that an individual makes a request to an
Area Director to sponsor a URN NID for RFC Publication. I'd
recommend that you ask this of Lisa.

Did you already send the template for a 2-week review by
urn-nid@apps.ietf.org, per RFC 3406? I think this happens before
you approach the AD.

As to the expiration, you can just send in an update with minor
changes for -02 so there's no racing or de-expiring required
in the AD processing.

Allison
Ex-process maven - any errors are my barista's fault