Re: [Geopriv] PIDF-LO Profile thoughts and a way forward

From: Henning Schulzrinne ^lt;hgs@cs.columbia.edu>
Date: Fri Aug 10 2007 - 10:28:21 EDT

I'm in favor of option (2) simply because I don't see the separation.
Presence information will be used by end points to obtain their own
location, so we'll have to deal with this. I have also made proposals
and sent text showing that this isn't particularly onerous. As I have
demonstrated, there is also a serious danger of making decisions that
simply won't work for the more general case.

Plus, probably 2/3 of the profile document is concerned with general
location encoding issues, not ordering.

I'm happy to provide text and comment on proposals that address this
issue. I suspect that this will take about a paragraph of
description, mainly to deal with the case that there's a device or
person element.

Henning