Re: [Geopriv] singh-geopriv-pdif-lo-dynamic difference between bearingand directionOfObject

From: Henning Schulzrinne ^lt;hgs@cs.columbia.edu>
Date: Fri Aug 10 2007 - 12:00:21 EDT

I think the term was added after the initial discussion of the
document, but I suspect that further analysis of use cases is needed.
Our focus has been on representing relatively large moving objects,
such as cars and ships that have both an instantaneous orientation
and a general direction of travel. This would imply a bearing in the
aeronautical sense. What I'm not clear about is the time scale. Does
this change each instant that I turn the steering wheel a bit to
change lanes or is this averaged, so that it says "heading west" when
I'm leaving NYC on I-80?

Henning