Re: [Geopriv] Review ofdraft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-05.txt

From: Thomson, Martin ^lt;Martin.Thomson@andrew.com>
Date: Tue Apr 01 2008 - 17:30:33 EDT

Two small comments below.

> "
> The following are examples of held:
> URIs:
>

> held://ls.example.com:49152/thisLocation?token=xyz987
> held://ls.example.com/THISLOCATION
> held://ls.example.com/THISlocation
> held://ls.example.com/civic
> "
>
> These aren't good examples given that we state in another place that
> the
>
> URIs should contain a random component. Hence, in the typical case
they
> will be random.
>
> I don't understand the first URI example.
>
> [MB] The first one is an error leftover from the original URI
> definition. "token" should be "query" per comment above. I agree the
> examples could use improvement, adding the random component, which was
> the point of the token in the first one (i.e., something only
> potentially meaningful to the LIS). [/MB]

Mary, given your previous answer that explains what query is and does,
I'm surprised at this response. "query" is the name of the ABNF chunk,
not a string that gets inserted in the response. This can be virtually
anything, see 3986:

      query = *( pchar / "/" / "?" )

That means that the first example is totally valid as are:

  held://ls.example.com:1234/foo?bar
  held://ls.example.com:1234/foo?bar=x
  held://ls.example.com:1234/foo?bar=x&cheese
  held://ls.example.com:1234/food?ham&eggs?/?/?/?/?

On a related note, and I've made this point before and apologies if you
have already answered it, the port should be mandatory since we don't
have a default value. The examples and ABNF need to reflect this.

this email is prohibited.