Re: [Geopriv] SIP Location Conveyance

From: Hardie, Ted ^lt;hardie@qualcomm.com>
Date: Wed Apr 30 2008 - 00:19:06 EDT

From: geopriv-bounces@ietf.org [geopriv-bounces@ietf.org] On Behalf Of Thomson, Martin [Martin.Thomson@andrew.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2008 5:13 PM
To: Robert Sparks; Hardie, Ted
Cc: GEOPRIV
Subject: Re: [Geopriv] SIP Location Conveyance

Are we talking about draft-peterson-geopriv-retransmission-00.txt?

If so, I have no objection. I agree with the conclusions and analysis
in that document.

If, on the other hand, we're talking about a new draft-ietf-geopriv-
document that I haven't yet seen, I might have to object.

Martin

We're talking about making a successor version to
draft-peterson-geopriv-transmission a draft-ietf-geopriv (and
potentially publishing it) so that a statement of consensus on
it clearly means "this is the opinion of geopriv" as opposed to
"geopriv agrees to publishing to the opinion of these individuals".
There are other ways of getting to that, but that's the basic
reasoning.

Ted

this email is prohibited.