Re: [Geopriv] A means for deriving location

From: James M. Polk ^lt;jmpolk@cisco.com>
Date: Tue Jul 15 2008 - 16:24:04 EDT

James

"Just adding one extra tuple..."

Your lack of appreciation of the message size issues SIP has been
facing for years now is interesting, yet not completely surprising.
You're not a SIP guy, and you don't really want to listen to me about
anything.

So, if you are truly inclined, forward your post below to the main
SIP list, asking if this "extra tuple" (and its additional 200 to 300
or even 400 bytes) will be ok to add to SIP messages...

PS - You might want to read RFC 3428, specifically regarding the
limitations imposed on message size that were foreseen in 2003, then
consider MSRP (session-mode instant messaging) was created because of
the size limitations folks were running into already (in 2006).

James