Re: [Geopriv] First draft - agenda for GEOPRIV at IETF72

From: James M. Polk ^lt;jmpolk@cisco.com>
Date: Thu Jul 17 2008 - 02:49:35 EDT

At 08:59 PM 7/16/2008, Richard Barnes wrote:
>James,
>
>At the last IETF 71, there was consensus to look into a 3693bis milestone,

I was part of this conversation with Jon, and we talked about RFC3694
(I remember that Jon forgot the number while talking, and I offered
the RFC umber and he agreed).

>notionally based on draft-barnes-geopriv-lo-sec. That is the draft
>that I had in mind to discuss in that time slot.

As I mentioned in that previous thread, I have no problems with a
3694bis - but don't yet see the need for a 3693bis.

>As you pointed out in our earlier discussion, the goals of this
>document are to update 3693 and 3694 to address scenarios that
>aren't clearly addressed by those documents, not to re-write the
>requirements. In draft-barnes-geopriv-lo-sec-03, we've tried hard
>to minimize overlap, and focused on three specific issues:
>1. How an LS provides privacy protections; how policies are
>structured and enforced
>2. How rules should be applied in a store-and-forward context
>(incomplete in lo-sec-03; to be generalized from -lo-retransmission-)
>3. How to assure LO integrity, authenticity, and confidentiality end
>to end (between LG and Viewer)

I don't think folks have agreed to this undertaking as a replacement
for our core requirements doc.