Re: [Geopriv] [Ecrit] Announce: Specifying Derived Location in a PIDF-LO

From: James M. Polk ^lt;jmpolk@cisco.com>
Date: Tue Jul 29 2008 - 09:10:47 EDT

At 07:53 AM 7/29/2008, Winterbottom, James wrote:
>If I use a reference to an external location how is this doubling
>the size of the PIDF-LO?

Are there 2 (as in TWO) <location-info> elements?

that doubles the size

I see 2 in the example IN YOUR ID... you've made this point in a
there should be only one in as many cases as we we can limit

this isn't *just* a URI element added to what's already there in the LO

>I also though that location information was generally only going be
>sent if TLS was used, which would rule out the use of UDP as a
>viable transport wouldn't it? Certainly I would be uncomfortable
>sending my location in an unencrypted UDP packet as I hardly think
>that that meets the general requirements of a using protocol.

James, YOU keep making these points as if everyone has YOUR values
and uses protocols only YOUR way. Are you (as a single entity)
representative of the entire human race?