Re: [Geopriv] WGLC: draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-09.txt

From: Thomson, Martin ^lt;Martin.Thomson@andrew.com>
Date: Sun Sep 28 2008 - 19:56:48 EDT

With regards to the use of POST, the action performed does not meet the "safe" criteria. As a result of the request, the server may be required to perform certain actions. The most significant being the taking of measurements and the creation of temporary resources (the location URI).

(It is safer to assume that the request is not idempotent either, particularly where location URIs are involved.)

Cheers,
Martin

this email is prohibited.